Sunday, April 6, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ! ! ! !

Saturday was Sadie Wen's birthday. She turned 1 years old!

My parents, sister-in-law (Lisa) and her kids came up for the weekend. Kim's parents and sister and her family came over as well. It was a packed house!

Kim and I decided to keep Sadie Wen's 1st birthday a family event. We wouldn't have had enough room if all the friends came over too.

We started the day at Cracker Barrel where Sadie down grits and some Maine blueberry pancakes. She didn't like the hashbrown casserole! ha ha! !

Let me say, this girl can down some food! We don't know where she puts it.

Kim had a lot of fun ordering the birthday cake. It took Kim a long time to get out of the bakery section. . .the ladies in there wanted to see and play with Sadie! lol! They made a little cake for her to demolish as well as big cake for all the adults.

Sadie wanted to get at her cake but when we blew out the candle and she put both hands in the cake, she didn't want anything to do with it! lol! She did like the icing though. I don't think she liked the icing on her hands! We were hoping she would totally destroy the cake. Daddy was thinking he would have to hose her off in the yard if she did destroy it but alas, she didn't. I was a
little bummed. lol!

For those of you at work, don't worry, Sadie did get a birthday present. Mommy ran out and got one for her. It's a set of ABC blocks that have items that pertain to the letter inside it. We did get the grill. It's pretty nice. I wanted to lead the blog off with it but the battery in the camera has died!

Oh, and Daddy got his first kiss from Sadie Wen today!
Enjoy the photos!










4 comments:

Candace said...

Yeah! I was so excited to check and see that you posted! Sadie looks like she had a great first birthday. I'm glad she got a present!

Chandler said...

Happy Birthday Sadie Wen!

Did your Dad play it's Your Birthday by the Beatles? If not shame on him.

Love,
From Georgia

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sadie Wen!
Congrats to you Kim and Keith!
I know you have to be in "heaven" with your precious baby girl!
Love you guys!
Melanie

monkey said...

Mrs Tyrrell, She is so cute, You and your husband look great. Izabelle said she was able to see you a few times when you came to school and she was so excited, you are very missed. Enjoy your time off with that little cutie. Monica