Saturday, February 23, 2008

Doctor's Appt.

Today was the doctor's appointment for Sadie Wen (and Kim was looked at too). It was a busy morning. We had to go to 3 different stations. . . ENT, Measurement, Medical. She is 8 kgs (17.6 lbs). In her last update we received before traveling, they said she was 18.9 lbs. So, she's lost wait. Not sure about Daddy. I think I've lost weight too! woohoo!

Kim has her moments. Her throat is still "on fire" (her terminology). Her fever is better. . . we think she still has some. She's a trooper.

Sadie Wen loves to imitate. We realized that after Kim and Norma coughed, she would cough. And no Nanny, she's not sick. . . she's playing.

She loves fried rice and noodles. It was funny seeing her slurp the noodles. Daddy has gotten good at feeding her with chopsticks.

Be sure to scroll down, I posted some photos as a test earlier today as well as a new video.

Enjoy the new photos. And yes Stacy, the swatty potties are for real. There are hand rails in the stall but I'm not sure I would want to use them. There's no tiolet paper. You have to have your own paper.

Kim did get to have some Starbucks today. It felt good on her throat.

It's beautiful here at Guangzhou.






7 comments:

wallerpossible said...

Wow, we have been having so much fun reading your posts and looking at pictures of Sadie Wen! The Gotcha video is good, except James wants to know why it is not in HD. :)
James & Tina Waller

Candace said...

Hey! I'm glad all the patients got checked out by a doctor. I'm also glad Kim got Starbucks, it always makes you feel better! I love all the pictures because Sadie Wen always looks so happy and she is such a cutie! Won't be long now until you get to bring her home!

Anonymous said...

kim that picture of you and Sadie Wen at Starbucks is so cute! They need to use it in an ad! I am glad that you guys are slowly making you way back home! We love all of the pictures and videos, you are going to have a lot of scrapbooking to do!!!

have fun!

aunt lisa

Nicole said...

Ok, I know you all want to be home, but how nice it was for me to call during the night 2:30am our time and 4:30pm your time to ask a medical question and you all were already awake. It was nice knowing I was not waking anyone up. Sadie will find it weird later on in life that her time zone for 10 months was very different from what she will live the rest of her life from.

I will always be thankful to those who cared for my niece in her first 10 months of her life. I know God had many angles watching over her and preparing her for being a daughter, as she has blessed us all. I think Sadie is very loved all over the United States by all those who check on her in this blog. I just want to let Sadie know that she will always be loved by many and has blessed our hearts.

All the pictures you have posted have been great, but the best one so far is seeing Kim with Starbucks. Knowing she had two of her favorite things in her hands and the other two by her side.

Ok, forgot to tell you the outcome to our issue at 2:30am. Alec got Sadie fever and needed to release a BM. Yes, exploding like Sadie. But don't worry, he's feeling much better this morning. Please inform mom for me and Danny and Alec want her to know it's Saturday 2-23-08 but when you read this it will be Sunday 2-24-08 for you all.

Love and miss you greatly, and be safe your last few days.

Yeah, Sadie will be a United States Citizen soon. Congrats early!!!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the latest round of precious photos and especially for the video of Gotcha Day! It was so neat to be able to share in your joy as you received your precious gift from God, a day you will remember for the rest of your lives. Sounds like the White Swan is spectacular. I will continue to pray for healing for all that are ill. Enjoy your free day. Sounds like shopping is the thing to do. FUN! You go, Kim!!! Just a few more days and then you will be homeward bound. As always, have fun!!

Courtney said...

Hope you're feeling better Kim! Sadie is beautiful! I know that you guys are so happy to be coming home soon! China is a remarkable experience, but there's nothing like being home with your daughter!