The Nashville flight was about 1 hour delayed. That gave us just enough time to eat McDonalds in Newark. The Nashville flight was a 3 seater compared to Beijing which was a 9 seater. I’ve never been on a large airplane like that before! We were served lunch almost right off the bat on the Beijing flight. It was some kind of steak. We were served breakfast just before landing in Beijing. We were given the choice between eggs or dimsum. I chosed the dimsum. It was okay. The almond cooke was great though! I didn’t know this but while I spelt, Kim had a Dunkin’ Donut. I’m quite jealous. Oh, by the way, our power plug we bought for the airplane did not fit the outlet. So we had to ration the power to the iPods.
I started out watching The Bee Movie on the airplane. The TV screen was really washed out, so I probably missed a lot! After about 2 hours, we all (Kim, Norma, and myself) took a sleep aid. That helped us get a few hours of sleep. Granted it was broken up into small segments. The last 4 hours on the plane ride was the worst. We were getting antsy and wanted to move around, or just lay down completely.
The route the plane took was up and over the Earth. We flew over the North Pole! Cool!
I got some shots of the sunrise. Hopefully they will turn out.
While I’m sitting here typing, I can really feel the effects of the trip. I’m typing this to you at 8:00pm on Feb. 14th. It’s actually 5:00pm back in Nashville on the 14th. Weird!
Oh, I got a little bit silly half way through the flight. I used the neck pillow was a moohawk!
Cya tomorrow,
Keith
9 comments:
You forgot to tell us if you saw Santa Clause. Alec wants to know if you saw his house. Glad the flight went well. You all look great. Its weird that we start our day and you are ending the day. Love ya Alec & Nikki
Kim and Keith,
We are rejoicing in your safe arrival in Beijing. Please know that our prayers and best wishes are with you throughout your time in the land of Sadie Wen's birth. You are just days away from that little dumplin'! Enjoy your experience and just try to relax and take it all in. Katie Rose was so excited to see your blog this morning. She is hoping you will post some pics of the Great Wall. We are praying for great health for the 3 of you and that God will continue to prepare Little Miss Sadie Wen to fit seamlessly into your family. God bless.
Melanie Jacob
I am so glad that you made it safely. Keith, no one will be surprised that you got goofy on the flight. I did love the pillow mohawk. I hope you all can adjust to the time change. You're getting closer and closer to your little girl!
Keith,
If your hotel gave you a card key, see if you have a little slot inside the door of your room. We had to put ours in that slot to keep the lights on.
YEAYY!!! We are so excited to hear that you made it safely! We are praying for your precious Sadie Wen, as we know she will have a long day of travel coming soon. And that Gotcha day goes smoothly! We are also praying that you all stay healthy and safe while you are there! Take great notes for us. And don't eat anything weird...KEITH!:o) I am sure you will be feeling the effects of the long trip and time change today...hang in there! With Love, Dennis and Betsy
Hey, Keithy! It's so much fun to read your blog. I can sympathize with you about the long flights. Been there, done that. It's tough. We all are thinking about you guys and praying for you as well as Sadie Wen. It won't be long now until she'll be in your arms! How exciting! Keep us updated!
Lynne Norris
Hey Keith, leave your room key in the little slot on the wall and the lights will stay on. The Chinese do that to keep you from leaving the lights on while you are gone.
Kevin
Hey ya'll glad you made it ok and good to see that keith did not disappoint and did indeed entertain everyone on the airplane. I'm ignoring drs orders to rest and am out here reading the blog and getting some inspiration for the announcement/thankyou card. Can't wait to see the rest of the story, keep us posted!
We are so excited that you are there! Nanny and papa came over last night (2-13) and we all gathered around the computer to watch your plane scoot slowly off course on its way to China! The kids are so excited and we have all been checking for updates. We are praying for all of you and can't wait to see more!!! Happy Valentine's day!!! I don't think Keith will be able to top this year!
Love you guys!
aunt lisa
Post a Comment