Friday, February 22, 2008

We're in Guangzhou

Well, we made it to Guangzhou. The flight from Nanchang was interesting to say the least. I had Sadie Wen in the snuggli and at the end of the flight, I realized that the snuggli had caused the pee in her diaper to leak all over her. Plus, she had another exploding diaper (poo). Needless to say, daddy was not too thrilled with this experience.

As soon as we made it to the White Swan Hotel, daddy took a shower! Mommy and Nanna cleaned Sadie Wen up at the airport.

The White Swan is beautiful. . .definitely a 5 Star hotel. The area around the hotel is also really nice. Very western.

Kim is still sick. She's running around 100 degree temperature. Plus she's got this think going on with her tongue. Not sure what it is. So far, I'm doing well. Also, Norma is sick too. So, if you're counting, Kim's sick, Norma's sick and Sadie Wen is having exploding diapers and I'm still sane! lol!

I'm glad you all enjoyed the video. I was hoping it would work.

I'm having problems posting pictures. It's getting late and I'm falling asleep. I'll try to figure out the pictures tomorrow and upload them.

Night all!

7 comments:

Candace said...

I hate that Kim and her mom are both sick. I hope they get to feeling better. Keith, this is good experience for you to learn how to take care of everyone at once. You know I had to laugh at the whole diaper experience!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of the illness that has taken hold of your family. Nothing like being baptized into the world of parenthood! Just sorry that it happened so soon and away from home. As parents, we have all been in your shoes at one time or another with sick children, spouses, etc. It always seems to happen to everyone at the same time! Keeping a sense of humor is the only way to get through it! And you will get through it. There are better times ahead. Glad to hear that you are feeling well, Keith, and are laughing your way through it all. I will pray for a quick and speedy recovery for all. Glad you had a safe trip to Guangzhou. Do your best to hang in there for a few more days before coming home and have as much fun as you can.

nicemac said...

One of the babies in our first travel group had the "exploding dirty diaper on the plane to Guangzhou" as well. It was pretty ugly, but 5 years later it is pretty funny...

We are praying for recovery of the sick amongst you. Enjoy your weekend of shopping in GZ and the much warmer temperatures!

Kevin Cecil

joyce f said...

Seems strange that you've been gone so long. Meanwhile, we have a new VBS graphic designer, Andy Scates. We're trying to decide whether to call you all the good 'ol boys, the 3 Musketeers, or the 3 Stooges.
Mike Lang is also going to be the graphic designer of Worship KidStyle.

I sure am glad that you have learned to change wet and poopy diapers. There will be a lot more to come. Be glad that Sadie only wet on herself and not on you, too. That would have been embarrassing for you in the airport!

Have a great trip home. (Ha! I know how those long trips home can be.) I guess we'll see you next week.

Anonymous said...

Hope Kim and Norma get to feeling better soon! I LOVED the video...Sadie Wen seems so happy! Great bonding going on!!! :) Have fun...be safe!

love-
Jen

Anonymous said...

ohhh Keith, bless your heart! You are kicking butt with this daddy thing! Kim-I hope you and your mom are feeling better soon, just a few more days! Hopefully you will be able to eat some better food over the next couple of days.

Take care of your girls Keith! See you Wed!!!!

Love
aunt lisa

Anonymous said...

pssst, "adiee en" (sorry I can't say my s's and w's yet). This is your cousin garner. Mommy thinks I am taking a nap. I just wanted to tell you hi and I can't wait to meet you. We are going to have so much fun at the beach this year, Nanny's not going to know what to do with 2 of us. We can gang up on her! If you really want to get her, when you see her just ask where papa is....drives her crazy!!!! Your parents are pretty cool. They have waited a long time for you so you will probably be getting lots of kisses and hugs. You are going to love your new room! It is going to look great when I can come over and we get all of your toys out to play with. I love making messes and can show you the best and fastest way!

I thought of a great idea when I was supposed to be sleeping the other night, there is a new show called "my dad is cooler than your dad", I think we need to sign our dad's up for it...what do you think? We will have to talk about it this summer.

I have to say, I have had some blowouts with my diapers over the past couple of years but haven't been able to get my daddy with it yet....you are sooo cool, you will have to tell me the trick!!!

I better get back to bed before I get caught not sleeping, parents are so gullible, its good you have your daddy all goo goo over you, it will make your life so much easier.

ohh, my daddy said to tell your daddy that he is going to get you a little treat from some lady named victoria and something about a secret when you get older, something about payback...maybe your mom and dad can figure that one out!

Love you
Garner