Hello everyone. Today was just a day of touring and taking in the culture. We all slept well last night but are now feeling the jet lag. We started the morning with a western style breakfast on the 26th floor of our hotel. It was good. One of the things they had on the buffet was a meat lasagna. That was very strange to see for breakfast. Then we had a brief meeting with one of our guides about receiving our children on Sunday. I can’t believe we get Sadie Wen on Sunday. Then we all headed out for the cloisonne factory and Great Wall. The cloisonne factory was interesting. This art form has been around for hundreds of years. Cloisonne is also known as “Copper- body and Wireinland Enamel”. It is very elaborate. We then visited the Great Wall, and it was amazing. Keith and I walked up to the highest point that tourists are allowed to walk up. My mom decided to watch us walk (really climb) up. By the time we came back down, we found her with a swarm of locals taking their picture with her. We had heard that the people here will do that. Keith walked up to take a picture of all the action and ended up having his picture taken. He loved that. I think they are fascinated with the facial hair. Luckily no one has wanted to touch my hair! The people here are not used to seeing Americans, especially ones with curly hair. After the Great Wall, we had a late lunch. It was very good. The food has been okay. We are really only eating things that look familiar. I just don’t want to get sick. We are only drinking bottled water. We even have to use the bottled water to brush our teeth!
Our guide showed us where the opening and closing ceremonies will be taking place for the summer Olympics. The stadium looks like a giant bird’s nest.
It has been a busy day. We are heading out for some dinner, and then hitting the hay early. Only one more day until we get Sadie Wen!





17 comments:
Hey! I love the picture of the two of you at the Great Wall. We're all thinking about you and praying for you!
Wow...
As i see there was good..=)
Can`t imagine how is it to be there=))) GOOd=)))
Our prayers are with you for a joyful weekend and a great Gotcha experience!
Kevin
Keith & Kim,
No matter what you eat, stay away from chicken teriyaki in China
Hey guys!
Kim, I see you have curly hair! :)
I am glad for your sake that no one has came up to you yet to touch it!
Looks great!
Have a great experience and enjoy!
We are thrilled for you!
You guys are in our prayers! Can't wait to see you all!
Mel
So exciting...yeah, the Wall was harder than I imagined but WOW what an experience : )
Can't wait to see her in your arms...
Thanks for the update and awesome photos. Looks like you are enjoying yourselves. Soon Sadie Wen will be experiencing the sights with you! Seems like not that long ago, Kim, that you shared the adoption from China video with me and now I am able to see pictures of you and Keith in China to bring home your baby girl. Our God truly is an awesome God! Have fun!!
Any deer in those hills to shoot at? Had to ask. Can't wait to see my niece. Thinking about you Love ya'll
Uncle Rich
Yay, you're in CHINA!
How incredibly exciting to be only a day away from Sadie. If you can, please remember to tell the director of Ningdu "thank you" for taking such great care of my baby (Ning Jiao Jiao) until we can get there.
I can't wait to see Sadie Wen in your arms!
Kelly in Michigan ("notallboysanymore" from the Ningdu Yahoo group)
Hello Kim and Keith,
Congratulations, tomorrow you will be holding your baby girl. We have enjoyed reading about your trip in real time. Thank you for posting those spectacular pictures of the Great Wall. Looks like Aunt Norma is handling stardom well.
Kim, just remember woman pay lots of money to have curly hair, and you are blessed.
Love,
Tina, Dave, and David
In a matter of hours it will be GOTCHA DAY. Sadie Wen will finally have a Mommy and Daddy and y’all will be a family. The years of waiting will have been worth it once you hold your Daughter. May the Love and Grace of God be upon your family. We look forward to more postings and we pray for your safe and speedy return.
With all our Love,
Nanny & Papa
Love your pictures. Can't wait to hear more stores! We're praying for you!!!
phooey... just learning this blog posting thing... dwohare2 is me... Rhonda
This is killing me!!!! All I do anymore is look at the clock and see what time it is for you and get sooo excitied! All day long I keep telling everyone "kim and keith are waking up, kim and keith are on the plane, there almost there" I can't begin to tell you how happy and excited I am for both of you and especially for little Sadie. Her world is about to change!!! (In a matter of hours!!!!) Just know I will be waking up looking at the clock to see what time it is there all night and checking for pictures!
Don't you just know that God is smiling on all three of you today!!! What a feeling!!!
Love,
Aunt Lisa
ooops I submitted it 2 times so i deleted one--I told you I am excited!
aunt lisa
This is great to read. Knowing Sadie will have much love by everyone around her. God blesses us every way he knows how and she is a very special little girl to be born to you both. I'm sure Keith's brother Richie will agree that we want her to be just like we were as kids. Ha Ha, I hope she does get Kim's personality, beauty and much more and Keith's art abilities to do her art work all over the walls in the house. Ha Ha
Well, in less than 5 hours Sadie will have parents to call her own. Love you all (mom to) and hurry home.
Post a Comment