Thursday, February 28, 2008

We're Home

Sorry for the late post. We have been sleep deprived. From the time we got up on Wednesday (China time- - -Tuesday U.S. time) to the time we arrived in Nashville, we were up for 26+ hours. In that time, I (Keith) got about 2 hours sleep. Kim got about 1.5 hours sleep. Of course, this was total hours and not consecutive. The best sleep I got was on the plane ride from Newark to Nashville.

The welcome home at the airport was great. We had a big crowd. Thank you to everyone who was there and we are sorry if we didn't get a chance to talk with everyone. It was kinda crazy. In fact, I almost didn't get our bags off the conveyer belt. They were being picked up by the airport staff to be placed in storage. Oops!

To our travel group: we miss everyone and we look forward to keeping up with everyone.

I'll try to continue posting photos of Sadie Wen. I'm waiting to get photos from some people who were at the airport last night.

14 comments:

nicemac said...

Glad you made it safely - now sleep for 3 days! See you soon,
Kevin

Anonymous said...

Thrilled to hear you are finally home. I'm sure it was great to be back in your own home with Sadie. You better use all the help people offer so that you can recoup! Parenting when well-rested is MUCH easier!

I love you all and will see you soon!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hi ms Tyrrell it is Kaitlin Jackson your new daughter is soooooo cute Victoria , Natalie , and I have been talking about her for along time and we wish you luck!!

See you soon!!!
Kaitlin Jackson

Anonymous said...

So thrilled that you are back home. What an incredible and life changing 2 weeks it has been for all of you. Now you can begin to settle down and enjoy life as new parents. Sounds like you had a wonderful and supportive reception at the airport. I will check back for photos of Sadie Wen. Thanks, again, for the blog. My parents have enjoyed it as well. Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Tyrrell,

Hope you are having fun with Sadie Wen. We miss you. Have fun being a mommy.

Owen

Mary Uhles said...

glad ya'll made it home ok safe and sound. i thought about you as it snowed all day here yesterday. you will get to catch up on sleep again soon... uh pretty soon.... um probably sometime in this year anyway... or, or next year maybe...

can't wait to meet sadie!!!!!

LaLa said...

Welcome home...maybe Sadie can come to the Easter Egg hunt :)

Elena said...

I saw the photos of y'all, on Candace's computer. Sadie is a doll, and y'all look like a very happy family. I am thrilled for you that this time in your lives has finally arrived!!

May your sleep (whenever you get it!) be restful and restoring!

Rejoicing with you,
Andrea H. (from LifeWay)

Chandler said...

Did you get your biscuts and gravey? I got my fried STEAK, CB was out of fried snake.

Remember who does #2 work for, it is not dad.....

Chandler said...

Hey Saddie Wen. How are you. Sumo is doing fine. Is your tongue still white? Even if it is you are still cute. Come visit us in Atlanta.

Chandler C.

Anonymous said...

I am SO sorry I wasn't able to get to the airport! I also figured you guys would be dog tired and ready to get home. When you are rested and ready, call me and we'll have a "WELCOME HOME" party at my house! Sadie Wen needs to get used to coming to Aunt Sara's!! LOVE YOU!
Sara

Candace said...

Hey! I'm so glad you all got home safe and sound. Sadie Wen is precious and I'm glad that I got to see her in person.

Candace said...

OK, I'm ready for some new pictures. We need to see how Sadie Wen is liking her new home!

Elena said...

I'm with Candace. We want more Sadie Wen and the Tyrrells!!!

Maybe you can outsource your blogging to Mr. Land. He does DAILY blogs. ;o)

~ Andi H. ~