Now that you are back. Here's how the day went down. We got up early this morning. .. actually the last several nights, we have been waking up at 3am. Kim played her Nintendo DS this morning around 3:30 am. We officially got out of bed today at 5:30am and got ready. We left the hotel around 8:30 for the airport. By the way, the hotel we stayed at in Beijing was Days Hotel & Suites. Some of the guys joked around that it was going to be a Days Inn. They were right! It was a 5 Star Days Inn! lol!
Our flight was delayed by 30 minutes. Flying China Air was an experience. It was a 2 hour flight and they gave us two drinks and a lunch. Some kind of turkey meatball! The food was interesting. . . the landing was even more interesting! We came in nice and smooth. . . it seemed a little fast. . . and the pilot just dropped us down! It was a hard landing!
We were supposed to receive the babies at 4:30pm but when we landed we were told that they got there early (and we were 30 minutes late on the flight). We got to the hotel in Nanchang and we did a mad dash rush to our rooms (to drop off our bags - carry ons) and then back down to the 3rd floor to receive our babies. We go into a conference room and they bring in 3 babies from one of the orphanages. And we wait. The 3 families of the girls just have to wait for the "ceremony" to begin. Well, it turns out we need our passports and our Travel Invitations to receive our babies.
So we do a mad dash rush up to our floors (which are on the 15th level) and then rush back down to get our babies.
Finally the babies from the Ningdu orphanage come in. And we recognize Sadie Wen! She is just sitting there making faces with her tongue! She's adorable! Of course, they call the families by alphabetical names and we are 2nd to the last!
Finally our name is called and Kim receives Sadie Wen. She didn't cry.
She's definitely bonded with Kim and finally with me (Keith). She did cry when we changed her diaper the first 2 times. Her little information sheet says that she likes music and singing. Unfortunately the only song I could remember is Frank Sinatra's "Strangers in the Night"! ! ! !
Her personality is definitely coming out. She is mimicing us and she's saying Da da. Woohoo!
The stacking cups are wonderful! We were told their personalities would come out in a few days. Sadie Wen's has already started to show. No telling what she will be like in a couple of days.
4 teeth and she's the cutest thing when she smiles! Long finger nails and they hurt!
By the way, we had internet problems yesterday, so that's why we didn't post. I'll post some pictures later.
This has definitely been a journey. When we started to work on a family back on 2001, who knew it would take this long. . . but it was definitely worth it!
26 comments:
Hi,
I came across your blog randomly and found it to be lovely!
Congratulations on the arrival of Sadie Wen.. she is beautiful!
Hello and greetings from Australia,
Cheers,
Maria :-)
WONDERFUL! Oh what joyous news to wake up to on an icy Sunday morning!
Sadie Wen is gorgeous and you two look so happy (and a little bit stunned!).
Congratulations to the three of you!
Kelly in Michigan (mom to Ning Jiao Jiao from Ningdu)
Congratulations guys she is beautiful, can't wait to teach her how to drive da da nuts.
Love ya
Uncle Rich
Ps
ha ha I beat aunt lisa
Congratulations! Have a blessed week enjoying Sadie before coming home.
Kevin Cecil
Wahoo!! She is finally in your arms! She is gorgeous and the pictures are so beautiful. Luke said she is the most beautiful baby in the world! We are rejoicing here in Hendersonville and praying that she adjusts easily! God bless you in this wonderful time.
Melanie Jacob
She is adorable!!! Those pictures are great! The one of Kim getting her is beautiful.
We didn't get to the phone in time to get your call, I hate that we missed it.
I am so happy for all of you! Enjoy!
Love
aunt lisa
Keith and Kim,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post. I cried when I saw you were finally holding your Sadie Wen. Love from H'ville.
MMC
Normally a phone call at 3:30 AM means bad news but this call was the most wonderful news, Sadie Wen was in your arms.
The picture of Kim receiving Sadie Wen is beautiful.
This has been a long journey for both of you but God has blessed you with a gorgeous little girl.
Nanny had me post the picture of the three of you as the background for the desktop on her computer.
Looking forward to more pictures of Sadie Wen.
Love y’all
Nanny & Papa
CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you guys! She is beautiful...I got tears in my eyes just thinking about what you guys are going through. Have a safe trip home...
We are thrilled for you. Sadie Wen is gorgeous. You make a beautiful family. We look forward to meeting Sadie soon.
Enjoy this time. You are no longer 'waiting parents'. How exciting.
Angela Singletary
Nashville Waiting Parents group
CONGRATULATIONS!! Lisa had shared your happy news with me and the pictures on your website are fantastic! Ya'll deserve the happiness I can see in your faces and I know you are going to be wonderful parents. Sadie Wen is adorable and I can't wait to hold her!!! Have a safe journey home with your little girl!!
Love,
Peggy
To: New kid that will be coming home into our house to share with you, This is Kipsey, Jack and Merryweather, We want you three to come home soon. Kipsey says old man leaves him home with little dog that kisses him a lot. Kipsey tries to ignore little kissing dog by sticking his nose in the air. Just know Mom, Dad and our new Sister, that we are okay and awaiting your return. P.S. Jack went on your bed not me (Merryweather)(Ha! Ha! Just Kidding)
Congratulations! There are really no words to describe how you feel, Kim, as a first time mother holding your daughter in your arms. You look radiant!! I am sure you know how thrilled I am for Sadie Wen, you, Keith, and both of your families. Sadie Wen is truly an earthly blessing, a wonderful gift from God. My prayer for her is that she be used for God's glory and accomplish His purpose for her. As parents, I pray that God would grant you wisdom and discernment. Keith is the head of the home and Kim, you are the heart of the home as Sadie Wen's mother. May you find joy in every moment of parenthood. I am sending a huge hug to you right now and eagerly anticipating more photos and exciting news from your continued journey in China. Love you and continue to always HAVE FUN!!!!
so happy! We want to meet her now!
be careful and have fun with your new love!
stacy
WHOOOHOOO!!!! I am SO excited!!!!!! :) She is adorable! I can't wait to meet her!!! How in the world did you guys keep from crying??? I teared up just looking at the pics of you all together! :)
love you guys!
Jen
At last! At last!! I was so excited I scrolled too far, then had to go back and by then MY heart was pounding like I had raced 12 floors. Well, if I raced 12 floors, I'd probably have a heart attack... but it was really pounding =)
She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Enjoy every moment!
I'll look into getting your nameplate at work changed to Frankie Baby Da da
Hugs to all!
Rhonda
I'm so happy for you! Sadie is a lucky little girl to have you both as parents. Enjoy that beautiful gift from God!
She is so beautiful. I know you are so excited to finally have her in your arms.
SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR BOTH OF YOU!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!! WOOHOO!!!
Auntie Sara
Congratulations Mom & Dad! I'm so happy for you!! Tell Sadie she has a family of cousins waiting to meet her. I love you guys and I hope your reurn home is happy and safe!
Love,
Heather
Keith and Kim -
Maria here from Nashville. I've been thinking of you guys this week and wishing you well. Sadie Wen is beautiful. You are proof that it DOES happen if you wait long enough! Have a great time!
Hello Kim & Keith - Congrats to you all! I have tears in my eyes as I read your blog and saw the happy pictures with Sadie. You all look fabulous! Can't wait to meet her in person and hear all the once-in-a-lifetime details. Be safe! Love to you, Deb Meyer
Oh, my gosh!! I can't believe the time has finally come. I remember when I first moved to Hendersonville and started working with you Kim. You were so excited about making the decision to adopt a child from China. I will always remember the time in Pam's living room wathcing the video. I can't wait for you all to get back. I want to come meet that beautiful daughter of yours and see the nursery. I love this website. Congratulations!! Love, Tara and Greg Dillehay
Oh my goodness! She is beautiful and seeing the pictures just brought tears to my eyes! Yes, God knew all along (since 1999) this day would come and Sadie would be part of your family!!
Hello Kim and Keith,
I am happy that you finally recived Sadie Wen. I hope you guys have a lot of fun in the wonderfull world of parent hood. I hope you enjoy the younger years, for once they get to be older they loose cutness. Also you will find yourself arguing a lot more than when she was younger. Anyway have fun for the rest of your trip in China.
Sincerly,
David Asa Daggitt
congratulations guys! We are so excited for you three and can't wait for playdates! What a happy day!
Post a Comment