Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Well, today was our free day and it was great! We went to a birthday party and had an impromptu play date with most of the Ningdu girls. We were missing one of them. Hopefully we can get all the girls together to play. One of the families brought their 2 girls with them and one of them turned 10 years old today.

Several things happened today. I took a cab ride to and from Wal-Mart. The Wal-Mart is something else. It's 2 stories and some of the food in there is quite interesting! The shopping carts are just like IKEA. . .all four wheels turn. Very Fun!

I have been handling things here surprising well. No stomach issues (knock on wood). Kim's not eating all to well which is what she thought would probably happen. Unfortunately, she needs to eat because this is also a draining process. It's hard to get Sadie Wen on a schedule but she's doing pretty well. We are figuring this all out. I can make formula and I'm real handy while Kim changes her diaper.

Changing diapers. . . I have seen a lot of comments mentioning me changing a diaper. Well, I did it today for the first time! I think Kim planned this. She was in the shower and Sadie Wen had a poopy diaper. I was able to get it changed without any problems. Sadie Wen did wiggle a lot! That made it interesting.

Enjoy the photos!








18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim & Keith,

She is beautiful! Congrats!

Lisa Bates

Nanny and Papa said...

Congratulations Daddy one diaper down several hundred more to go.

Sadie Wen looks like a very happy baby. What baby wouldn’t be happy with parents like Kim and Keith.

Counting the days until we can see Sadie Wen in person.

Keep sending the Photo.

Give our Granddaughter a big hug and kiss from both of us.

Love ya’ll
Nanny & Papa

Anonymous said...

Now you are offically a daddy. The bad part about this is now kim knows you can change those diapers. You have become the poopy master and don't even know it yet.

Love the pictures, she is a cutie. And hearing her talk last night was wonderfull I'm still smiling.

Have fun
Love uncle Rich

Candace said...

Keith, I am so proud you finally got to change a diaper! Sadie Wen looks so happy, and so do you! Can't wait till you get back to work so we can see tons of pictures, hear stories, and meet her in person!

Anonymous said...

Keith & Kim,

Sadie Wen is gorgeous. I have really enjoyed following your journey on your blog. I was quite teary viewing the photos of Gotcha day. What a wonderful day it was for you two (you were glowing!).

She was chosen by God for you two, just as Kaitlyn was for Allen and myself. Enjoy every minute with her. Many prayers for a safe return.

Carey Brown

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Keith, on your first diaper change! You will be a pro in no time!! I am so glad to hear that you all are staying fairly healthy. I know that must be very challenging to do in China. Sadie Wen looks extremely happy. What a cutie!! Know you are enjoying every moment with her. A schedule will come in time. That is a tough thing to do, let alone not being able to do it at your own home. It will come, trust me!! Thanks for the update and photos. The playdate sounds like it was a blast. Have fun!!

Stacy said...

Keith-
You are a natural!
Sorry your first diaper change was a stinky one, the other kind are a bit easier and cleaner.
I love her shirt "I love candy!" that's awesome :)

enjoy her - Stacy

LaLa said...

Congrats Baba on your diaper duty (or is that doody) She is beautiful and looks like she is doing great.

Unknown said...

Hi Ms. Tyrrell!!
I miss you sooo much. Sadie is ADORABLE!!! I am so happy for you that you finnally got her! All of the pictures are so sweet! My cousin, Haley, that you had in your class was very sad that Friday was your last day. That was all she talked about was how sad she was! Sadie's smile is precious. I hope to see more pictures later on!!!!!!

Love,
Victoria Hickam

Anonymous said...

Ms. Tyrrell,
Sadie is SO cute!!! She has the prettiest smile!! I am very happy that you got her and she is precious!!

Love
Rachael

Anonymous said...

Kim & Keith,
Happy and over joyed for youal.Can't wait to see her.Come on to MS and see us. She is the one for the both of you.I can see the love and bond youal have it lovely.Love those rosie cheeks. She is beautiful.

Have a safe trip home. I enjoy every day and night to get on the blog. Easter is around the coner can't wait to see her. It looks very cold there.

Love Brenda K

Anonymous said...

She looks so pretty in pink!!!! Precious!!! love you guys...and, Keith--I am proud of you...we all told you that you would eventually have to change a diaper...I am SO glad for Kim that it only took a few days! :)

Love-
Jen

Anonymous said...

Sadie you are so cute. I can't wait to see you when you get home. Keep on smiling. I can't wait to dress you!

love ya,
Ashley and Bryan <3

JEff said...

She is so pretty! We'll have to get Sadie Wen and Reedo together. And by the way, the wiggling gets worse and seems to intensify when the diapers are worse!

Anonymous said...

Those rosy cheeks are adorable! She is so beautiful and so very lucky. Keith, glad to see the no diaper rule only lasted a few days! :)

-bethany

Anonymous said...

Continued congrats! I showed my mom (Aunt Judy)your site last night. She was very interested. She looked at it for about an hour while I did homework with the kids. She said "Kim looks very young, she must take after her Aunt". Everyone here is excited about Sadie. We have to plan a get-together when you get home and settled in!
Give Sadie kisses from Aunt Judy & Heather!

mindi said...

she is just a sweet little dream-- We cannot wait to meet her-- Parker and Pryce will be such positive influences on her--hee--- J and M are doing great-- J has loved us from hello and last night M finally decided to get some love from Parker. They miss you-- have the time of your lives and we will see you soon...I prayed over her crib....prayers were answered! what a blessing for you (and her) Mindi

Anonymous said...

That last picture of Keith and Sadie Wen is precious!!!! I want some more
of mommmy and sadie wen!!! I am so glad we finally got each other on the phone, it was so amazing to hear her on the other end!!! I can't wait to meet her!!!

aunt lisa